Skyline

Skyline
A view of the east side from the reservoir

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday, May 11

Yesterday my dad got me a new camera, which is a Canon Rebel SXi. I spent most of the morning playing with my new camera and learning how to use it. I spent 3 hours today walking around taking pictures of the city. I captured pictures of hot dog vendors, street signs, the Whitney museum, H and H bagels, Tal bagels and many more. I discovered that it is a lot more difficult to take picture in NYC than I thought because the light is really harsh at certain times of the day and the buildings and awnings cast shadows. Tomorrow I plan to take pictures later in the day when the light is softer and there are less shadows.

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to wait for that golden hour that I've read about in photography magazines.

    ReplyDelete